Saturday, March 17, 2007

Where Does It Say That?

I was just having a peachy day at work - up until about the last 15 minutes. That's the time we start shutting down all the public computers. One woman had stayed on, and I told her it was time to get up. Well here - it went something like this:

Me: "OK, it's time to get up."

Snotty Woman: "But there's still 15 minutes left."

Me:"Actually we start shutting our computers down 15 minutes before we close."

SN:"Where does it say that?"

Me:"Um, well they made an announcement 15 minutes ago, and they made another one just now."

SN:"OK, but where does it say that?"

WTF?! Fine! I was bound and determined to find it, because I'll be damned if I let someone mouth off to me when I know I'm right. I started looking in our notebook that had copies of the Internet usage agreement, but couldn't find it. Finally I grabbed the copy available for patrons, and lo in behold, in print, it was there.

Me:"There. Second one down."

SN:"Well do you have a suggestion box?"

Me:"Well I think you can get online to - "

SN:(interrupting) "Well not NOW."

Me:"Tomorrow then, or you can call the director and talk to her."

What a bitch. I was ready to fight after that, but instead met my sister at Fu King where we giggled like kindergartners over Koon Poo Chicken.

No comments: