Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Gag Me With A Spoon

I had the most disgusting thing happen at work yesterday.

I had just gotten done helping another patron, when Diane asked me to check in some books that a woman had just set up on the counter. They were on the other end of the desk, so I slid then toward me, and when I went to pick the first one up about 5 roaches (the small infestation ones) and various other bugs all swarmed out. I freaked, and moved the keyboard out of the way, and then Diane and I spent the next five minutes stomping and trying to squish the little suckers. The woman? Completely unfazed - apparently she was returning the books for someone else and hadn't noticed the "little pets" (her term, not mine). When she came back up to check out more, she said she'd try to keep an eye out for them next time.

Oh and the best part? This woman is very large, and was wearing just a sports bra with a denim button-down shirt open over it. I know this is an unspoken rule, but let me say it, just in case there are people out there who think otherwise: If your stomach sticks out farther than your chest, you shouldn't be wearing any midriff-baring tops.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I was just waiting for you to write this. Diane came home for lunch and had lost her appetite.