Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Midsummer Night's Dream

Midsummer Night's Dream update:

Tomorrow night is press night. I found this out Monday last week, and have killed myself trying to get a kickass costume together. Thankfully I have a great seamstress (Mary), and a fab hairdresser (Brandi), who really helped me out. I now have awesome hair (asymmetrical cut with cranberry streaks) to match my badass dress (goddess style, cranberry satin with an iridescent reddish/purplish organza overlay - accessories - gold.) Hopefully I can post some pics.

Oh - I'm apparently a pedophile now as well. Or, well Oberon made Titania a pedophile. Confused? Well, the person who was to originally play Bottom, the character Titania is made to fall in love with dropped out. He was in his 40s, and kinda looked like a Parrot-head (Jimmy Buffett fan) - blond curly hair, sunburn, Hawaiian shirts, etc -but he was perfect for the part. However, he had to drop out due to come family emergency. The directors had stretched their pool of actors just to get Oberon (who is fantastic by the way), and so had to move the roles around a bit and put one of the actors we already had in the part. So now Bottom is played by a 16 yr old, and I feel like a total pervert every time I have to hang all over him during rehearsals.

Still, it seems like a good show, and you should come out to see it just because you love me.
Shows are June 29th - July 1st, July 6th-8th, 13th-15th, and 20th-22nd. Fri and Sat shows start at 8pm, Sunday at 2pm, and doors open 1/2 hr before showtime. Tickets can be bought at the Silver Chest (LC), Omni (Gville), and Enchanted Memories (HS). $10 adults, $8 kids and seniors. If any of this info if wrong, Ill post on update.

No comments: