Tuesday, June 12, 2007

If I Only Had A Lisp...

Maybe dealing with this person the other day would have been easier.

A woman called asking if we had any books with practice tests for some corrections job. We didn't, but I told her we could order one. Well she was taking it really soon, so I told her about a practice test site that we have. So I told her our website ccpl.sirsi.net and told her how to get to the site. Well we struggled a bit, but I thought she had gotten it.

Yesterday, I get a call transferred to me, and it's the same woman. I asked her to read the web address she wrote down. It was ccpl.sir.fi.net. Good lord. So I told her the website again. Ok, ccpl.sirfi.net. No, the second one is an "s". Ok, sirfi.net. No, "s" as in sunburn. She just couldn't get it - even the people waiting for me to get off the phone were like "What the hell is her problem?". Finally I looked up the site and told her to go to learningexpresslibrary.com. If she can't get that, then maybe she should give up on corrections. (Or maybe it's a perfect fit, as long as she doesn't have to use a phone and a computer.)

No comments: