Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Supergroup

I've created this blog so I can be a part of a blogging supergroup - oh yes - a supergroup! Glenn, Nick, Jane (I think), myself, and three other people I may or may not know will be posting on a blog together. Each of us picks a day, and each week we will take turns picking a theme for that week. Sound pretty cool. Now, I suppose I didn't have to keep this blog I signed up for, but what the hell? I'd been thinking about starting another one other than myspace, and here's my chance.

In other news - we're still looking for a house. For those not in the know - my landlord called us the day before Thanksgiving to tell us she had sold our house, and we have until Dec. 31st to move. Well the 31st is coming up fast and we still haven't moved yet. We have the first, last, securuty deposit, but have yet to sign a lease.

My grandfather has offered to pay for movers, but my mother wants to go behind his back. She goes to a Messianic Jewish church, and apparently their light bill was ridiculous the last month - my mother's idea is to get a quote, give the money she would spend to the church and just ask a few guys from there to help us. I was standing in the room when she hatched this devious plan, and of course yelled at her. Mainly I did it because she always quotes "Honor thy father and mother" whenever I do something she doesn't want me to. So I quoted it back to her, and she got all huffy - so I pointed out that grandpa was just trying to save her from hurting her back, and that wouldn't work if she got people from her church because she would still help out. She said "Oh no, those guys won't let me do anything". However that would mean that Kellie and I still have to put ourselves through hell moving for the 20th time. (No joke - I'm 25 and have probably moved about 20 times in my life). Not fair! AND we could only do it on Sunday because Saturday is their holy day. Um, what about me? I go to church on SUNDAY. Hope fully she'll stop being stupid and will hire movers.

No comments: